This week the Consumer Reports Money & Shopping Blog ran a great two-part series on useful retirement planning websites. If you are looking for advice and information regarding retirement planning, here are some great sources:
- Social Security Administration
- Internal Revenue Service
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Medicare Rights Center
- National Association of Personal Finance Advisors
- Retirement Living Information Center
- International Living
In addition to the above, I would add the following sites:
- U.S Financial Literacy and Education Commission – A compilation of government-provided retirement planning resources.
- Employee Benefits Security Administration – Consumer information on retirement plans.
- AARP Financial Planning and Retirement
- Yahoo! Finance – Retirement
- MSN Money Retirement and Wills
To see the Consumer Reports articles in full: