What makes Carolina Family Estate Planning different from other North Carolina estate planning firms?
“Wow, you guys are different!”
We get that a lot. We are different, starting with the simple fact that we recognize you're busy, your life is evolving, and when everything is said and done, you want to know you've made the best decisions for your family and that your plan will work when your loved ones need it the most.
We’re different, too, because from the very beginning, our practice is based on relationships. Every one of our clients is unique and has personal goals and objectives. Before we even start to plan, our focus is entirely on learning about you, your family, your goals, concerns, and fears.
A Very Different Kind of Law Firm
- A “Down-to-Earth” Planning Approach: We’ll talk to you in plain English about your goals and help you select a planning option to meet those goals—without a bunch of legal jargon. We use visual aids, illustrations, and whiteboard drawings to help you clearly understand your plan.
- All-Inclusive: Once we’ve identified the right type of planning to meet your goals, our plans are ‘all-inclusive’—meaning that we’ll make sure it includes all the right supporting documents, advice, and implementation for your plan to work as expected so you’re not left scratching your head wondering if you have everything you need.
- Smart Decisions: At the end of the day, the most important part of estate planning is not necessarily about having “the right” documents, but rather, the important discussions and considerations that go into the decision-making process when designing your plan. The purpose of the documents is to memorialize those decisions. Our proven Vision Method process helps our clients make smart decisions for their loved ones.
- Proper Integration and Implementation: Great documents aren’t worth the paper they’re written on if your plan isn’t properly implemented and integrated with your finances, insurance, and tax planning.
- Person-Centered Approach: We believe that estate planning can and should be about so much more than just your financial wealth. It should include securing your future comfort and security, reducing stress or disputes for your family, and capturing intangible assets—who you are and what’s important to you.
- Protection: You’ve worked hard to provide for yourself and your family. We can help you build a fortress of protection around your family.
- No Hourly Billing: We charge flat fees for our personal estate planning services so you never have to worry about a surprise bill. We want our clients to feel free to talk with us—really talk to us— without feeling rushed or worrying about the size of the bill.*
- Proactive: When we're not seeing clients, we're attending conferences, learning what other practices are doing, following trends in the legal, financial, and health communities to understand the real-world issues that our clients and their families may face. We're regularly researching new ways to help your family get the most out of life and your plan. It also means we're constantly investigating and employing new tools and technology to do more for our clients.
- Ongoing Relationship: After your planning is complete, we’ll continue to stay in touch with you via our newsletter and occasional check-ins and many our clients take advantage of our VIP Inner Circle program for ongoing assistance and services to ensure that as our clients’ lives change, so does their estate plan.
- Fun: Many are surprised by the amount of laughter you sometimes hear coming from our conference rooms. Estate planning doesn’t have to be all ‘doom and gloom’. To the contrary, we think taking care of your family is something to be celebrated! Our client regularly share with us their sense of relief and peace of mind of having a plan in place.
*Certain business planning or estate administration services may include hourly billing to the unpredictable nature of the matter and/or the involvement of third parties.
Who We Help
- Soon-to-be Retirees & Retirees: We help soon-to-be retirees and retirees plan for a smooth and comfortable retirement and design a legacy for their loved ones.
- High Net Worth Individuals: Parents and grandparents with an estimated estate of $1M or more (don’t forget to count life insurance) that want to leave a loving legacy to their family.
- Business Owners: Our integrated personal and business planning services are highly effective for successful businesses making more than $250,000 per year.
- Medical Practices & Professionals: We help doctors, dentists, and accomplished medical professionals develop comprehensive legal, financial, and tax strategies to build and protect wealth.
- Rental or Vacation Property Owners: We help rental and vacation property owners design asset protection plans to minimize liability risk and protect their wealth and legacy.
- Families with a Loved One with Special Needs: We help parents and grandparents develop plans to protect the future wellness and financial security of a loved one with a disability.
- Executors and Trustees: Our estate administration team helps make the process as smooth and efficient as possible for executors and trustees.
Our Team Helps Protect You and Your Family for Life
Together we create plans that best fulfill your dreams and goals. We'll help you arrange your affairs in a way that is both personally satisfying and that meets your unique objectives—all while accomplishing substantial savings for your family over the long run.
We'll ensure that the most important details of your plan are fully carried out, so your plan continues to work throughout your lifetime.
Jackie Bedard, Founding Attorney
Carolina Family Estate Planning