The following is an article from the November 2017 issue of "Get Your Ducks in a Row" Carolina Family Estate Planning's free newsletter. You can read the rest of the issue, as well as back issues of our newsletter online at www.carolinafep.com/library/newsletters/ or subscribe for free at www.carolinafep.com/newsletter.cfm
This dessert makes the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving meal!
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. melted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 Tsp of vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
1 container of whipped cream
1. With a hand beater, beat eggs well. Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter, pumpkin and vanilla until well-blended.
2. Arrange pecans in bottom of pie shell.
3. Slowly pour egg mixture over pecans.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
5. Let pie cool completely before serving to allow filling to set.
6. Garnish with whipped cream.
Do you have a favorite family recipe you would like to share with our readers? Email it to [email protected]. Each month, we’ll print one of the tastiest recipes for everyone to try.