The following is an article from the December 2017 issue of "Get Your Ducks in a Row" Carolina Family Estate Planning's free newsletter. You can read the rest of the issue, as well as back issues of our newsletter online at www.carolinafep.com/library/newsletters/ or subscribe for free at www.carolinafep.com/newsletter.cfm
36 Oreo cookies + 10 Oreo cookies
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 container of whipped cream topping
1. Use a food processor and pulse the first package (36 oreos) of cookies until they are a fine crumb consistency.
2. Add the crumbs to a mixing bowl with cream cheese and cereal.
3. Use your hands to mix the cookie, cream cheese and cereal mixture until it’s completely blended together.
4. Use a fork to pull out about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough and squish it a bit with your fingers to make it lumpy.
5. Gently roll the dough in the bowl of cookie crumbs and set aside on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Repeat for the rest of the dough and refrigerate until ready to eat.
7. Garnish with whipped cream.
Do you have a favorite family recipe you would like to share with our readers? Email it to [email protected]. Each month, we’ll print one of the tastiest recipes for everyone to try.